If you believe vampires retain some (or perhaps most) of their humanity then it’s not a far stretch to argue these creatures would crave love in their life. Although real-life vampires seldom come out of the coffin like their fictional counterparts in the popular TV series “True Blood,” they can still mingle with other creatures of the night ( and humans seeking a taste of cryptanthropy) by utilizing the same methods for meeting eligible partners that you would.
While bars, nightclubs and cemeteries may be time tested stalwarts, the rise of online dating over the last decade may be one of the best options out there for our solar sensitive friends seeking more than a dinner companion. Also, as our friend Sebastian Bridgewater has written in his top 10 list discussing how to become a vampire; humans seeking the path of vampirism may try to find a real vampire to exchange blood, get bitten or perhaps find a mentor. What better way to weed through the liars and find the real thing than from the comfort of your own home.
Fortunately, whether you’re a vampire seeking other or a human seeking a taste of the eternal, there are many vampire specific dating sites catering to this clientele. Ignoring the likely dangers of vampire sex, if you’re so inclined, here’s a list of the top 10 vampire dating sites where you might want to start:
1. Vampire Passions – This is one of the most popular vampire dating sites, and it is frequented by actual vampires and mere mortals who want to meet them. Each person is given a profile that they can fill out with all of their relevant information, and there are also groups that people can join such as Vampire Lover and Vampire Movies. The most popular groups have more than 2,500 members, so VampirePassions.com is definitely a viable resource for dating within the vampire community.
2. Vampire Social – Anyone can use Facebook, but vampires, goths and humans who want to interact with each other openly can turn to VampireSocial.com instead. The site currently has more than 16,000 members, and each user gets a personal profile where they can list their basic information, display photos and receive Bitebook posts. There are also forums, videos, blogs, groups, art, poetry and event pages to help vampires easily interact with each other and meet their next date or meal.
3. Vampire Dating Site – The appropriately named VampireDatingSite.com will allow anyone to quickly browse through a random list of members, but it is necessary to sign up for a free account in order to search your specific area and actually look at people’s profiles. This is a nice touch because it provides vampires and the humans who love them with a more private environment. Users can talk via WebCams, chat rooms and private messages, and they can also receive enhanced features by upgrading to a premium membership.
4. Date Vampires – This vampire dating website contains all of the basics, but it also includes a Vampire Matchmaker section to help users narrow down their options to the right human or night stalker for them. DateVampires.com offers individual profiles, text chat, WebCam chat and forums, and it is free to sign up for a basic membership.
5. Gothic Match – Although many of the people who frequent GothicMatch.com are not vampires, it is a very viable dating site for bloodsuckers that are looking to connect with humans who will understand their lifestyle. Members can participate in blogs, chat, forums and a tattoo and fashion show.
6. GothicConnecting – Individuals who are looking to meet others who prefer an alternative to mainstream living can utilize GothicConnecting.com to meet vampires, goths and people who love punk music. This website focuses on profiles, live chat and private messages, so it is best for those who want to meet specific people instead of participating in the more social aspects of a group environment.
7. Vampire Rave – There are currently almost 21,000 members to choose from, and each person can build a profile that includes photos and information about exactly what they are looking for. VampireRave.com users can rate each other’s profiles, and they also have the option to follow posts and virtually bite any member who catches their eye.
8. GothScene – Anyone can browse through the vast network of dating profiles on GothScene.com, but they will need to set up an account in order to send a flirt or a private message to a member. User profiles give people the opportunity to share a lot of personal information, and this will make it easier for vampires to determine who would be interested in their way of life.
9. Vampire Lestat – Anne Rice lovers will enjoy VampireLestat.com’s built-in reference to her books, but this site is not geared simply toward vampires. Instead, people who drink blood or who want to date a vampire who also love heavy metal and steampunk will feel most at home with this particular dating website.
10. Alternative Dating UK – Vampires in England who wish to connect with like-minded people can turn to Alternative Dating UK. Free profiles and the ability to send icebreakers are given to everyone who signs up, but more robust features such as private messages and WebCam chatting are reserved for paid members.
11. (Bonus Site) Alt.com – “This site is a collection of alternative life practices. But you can find vamps and vamp lovers as well. And some education information for the want to know people. And the wolf is not left out.” -RJW1122
Feel free to let us know if there’s something we missed which should be on this list.
“Vampire Knight – Cosplay –” by Omarukai is licensed under CC BY 2.0
You missed one. Alt.com. This site is a collection of alternative life practices. But you can find vamps and vamp lovers as well. And some education information for the want to know people. And the wolf is not left out.
Don’t ask. But just my luck, a full moon and no war.
Updated the list – thank you!